Fully Integrated Package
CaptiveAire sells this hood as a stand-alone appliance to be integrated into a kitchen ventilation application, or provided as part of a FULLY INTEGRATED PACKAGE designed by CaptiveAire and pre-engineered for optimum performance. The package consists of the hood, an integral utility cabinet, factory pre-wired electrical controls, and a listed fire suppression system. Other options include a listed exhaust fan, a listed make-up air unit and listed, factory-built ductwork.
The DW Series has been certified by ITS. This certification mark indicates that the product has been tested to and has met the minimum requirements of a widely recognized (consensus) U.S. and Canadian products safety standard, that the manufacturing site has been audited, and that the applicant has agreed to a program of periodic factory follow-up inspections to verify continued performance.
The Double Wall Ductwork Series has been certified by ITS. This certification mark indicates that the product has been tested to and has met the minimum requirements of a widely recognized (consensus) U.S. Product safety standard, that the manufacturing site has been audited, and that the applicant has agreed to a program of periodic factory follow-up inspections to verify continued performance.
Single Wall Ductwork
Ideal for use in kitchen ventilation applications where clearance to combustibles and temperature retention in the duct is not a factor.
- ETL Listed to UL Standard 1978 - Grease Ducts and CAN/ULC-S662
- Diameters range from 8" to 24"
- Duct and accessories are made from stainless steel
- Multiple accessories including 45 degree elbow, 90 and Tees
- Access doors available for clean out
- Transition plates available for duct termination at the curb
- Submittals and duct CAD files
- System can be used as a stand-alone duct system and integrated into a kitchen application
- System can be used as part of a fully integrated package designed and pre-engineered for optimum performance with kitchen ventilation equipment
- Factory-built duct saves on installation costs
Double Wall Ductwork
Ideal for use in kitchen ventilation applications where reduced clearance or zero-inch clearance to combustibles is needed.
- ETL Listed to UL Standard 1978 and UL Standard 2221- Grease Duct Enclosure Assemblies
- Duct sections are constructed of an inner wall and outer wall with insulation in between - inner duct is Single Wall (DW Series) and outer shell is stainless steel
- Inner duct diameters range from 8" to 24"
- Three models are available to meet clearance requirement needs - Model DW-2R, Model DW-3R and Model DW-3Z
- Rated for continuous operation at 500 degrees F and intermittent operation at 2000 degrees F
Grease Duct Clearances:
|DUCT MODEL||INNER DIAMETER (ID)||OUTSIDE DIAMETER||CLEARANCE TO COMBUSTIBLES||CLEARANCE TO NON-COMBUSTIBLES|
|DW-2R||8″ – 16″||ID+4||3/4″||0″|
|DW-3R||8″ – 24″||ID+6||3/4″||0″|
|DW-3Z||8″ – 24″||ID+6||0″||0″|
* 3/4″ clearance to combustibles from the surface of the duct outer shell and zero-inch clearance from combustibles from the tip of the outer V clamp
- Model 3Z is listed in accordance with Condition A and Condition B of UL Standard 2221 - Condition A represents all installation conditions except for installation within non-ventilated combustible enclosure. Condition B represents installation within a non-ventilated combustible structure.
- Models 2R and 3R are listed in accordance with Condition B of UL Standard 2221 - installation within non-ventilated combustible enclosure
- Duct systems are allowed to penetrate a fire resistance rated floor when using floor support assembly and fire stop kit